Indian Creek Foundation
420 Cowpath Road
AA OR BA
Part Time Therapeutic Aides -Transition Age Youth Program ( TAY) 2017
Posting Start Date:
Friday, 11 August 2017
Posting End Date:
Monday, 28 August 2017
Are you ready for a career where you can make a difference in someone’s life? For over 40 years, Indian Creek Foundation has served Bucks and Montgomery area children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Indian Creek Foundation’s mission is to provide opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live in and enrich the community throughout their lives.
General Responsibilities: Provides therapeutic aide, behavioral interventions, and transfer of social skills into community setting; participates in mandatory monthly trainings and supervision with TASP Supervisor and TASP Clinical Assistant.
- Works all authorized hours in accordance with classroom schedule.
- Runs groups and administers reinforcement plan
- Collaborates with treatment team members in the development of goals and interventions.
- Provides accurate, clear documentation on progress notes for each session.
- Completes data collection at each session to assist in determining levels of progress.
- Participates in monthly team meetings and group supervision meetings with TASP supervisor.
- Maintains communication with treatment team to report obstacles, progress and/or concerns about treatment.
- Monitors adequate staff to child ratio in room.
- Drives children to and from community events after successful completion of the Indian Creek Behind the Wheel driving course.
- Demonstrates knowledge and implementation of CASSP principles.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Participates in yearly trainings as required by Indian Creek Foundation.
- Participates in relevant trainings as they are available to help expand professional knowledge.
- Exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
Job Location: Indian Creek Foundation, Schoolhouse
2017 Fall Schedules
1 – Therapeutic Aide : Monday – Thursday 3:00pm – 7:00pm
3 – Therapeutic Aides: Tuesday, Thursday, 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in related field (ex. Social work, psychology, special education, etc.) or 60 credits towards degree.
Experience: Minimum of one-year experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Skill(s): Ability to comprehend, speak and write in English; moderate mathematical skills required; proficient interpersonal skills; able to maintain composure and use critical-thinking skills during challenging situations; able to implement interventions using behavior plan designed by TASP Supervisor or TASP Clinical Assistant.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the physical duties required of Therapeutic Aide. Must have adequate mobility that requires frequent walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching (vertical and horizontal), using fingers, hands, feet, legs and torso in providing various care. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.