Indian Creek Foundation
420 Cowpath Road
Posting Start Date:
Monday, 21 August 2017
Posting End Date:
Friday, 29 September 2017
Responsible for the safety, maintenance, and repair of all residential homes, main office buildings, and vehicles, as well as the supervision of maintenance staff.
1. Ensure all facilities meet 6400, 6200, and 2380 DHS regulations and coordinate/ attend inspections.
2. Assess the maintenance needs of each residence and provide the needed work or contact appropriate vendors for repairs, at the lowest cost. Assist property manager with the proper procedure for obtaining necessary bids for projects.
3. Handle all equipment problems in the Cowpath Building (outside of office equipment); including estimates, meeting/follow up with contractors.
4. File a monthly checklist documenting completed work and needs of each site.
5. Turns in maintenance request forms to Property Manager promptly.
6. Completes routine maintenance requests in 2 weeks or less.
7. Works with Property Manager to create and update on a monthly basis a checklist of the Cowpath Building that would include annual, quarterly, monthly items to be completed.
8. Work with Property Manager to establish relationships with contractors seek competitive bids and authorize work.
9. Responsible for fire safety system and assisting in fire drills at Cowpath Office building. Complete monthly smoke detector battery check.
10. Attend bi-monthly building operations meetings and quarterly Residential supervisor meetings. Regularly attend Residential supervisors meetings to communicate maintenance information with staff. Train new Residential supervisors and coordinators in maintenance processes.
11. Communicate with Property Manager when issues arise in Cowpath Building.
12. Complete an annual capital project list with Property Manager for Cowpath Building.
13. Interact positively with colleagues and promotes methods for staff to build companionship with the individuals served.
14. Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
15. Supervise the Maintenance technician and delegate assignments when appropriate.
16. Perform other work related duties and special projects as required.
1. Assist the supervisor with various administrative tasks to support department operations as directed; may also be assigned special projects.
2. Perform tasks which are supportive to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
3. Meet on-going requirements to maintain current training certifications.
● Cowpath Road Office- Main Campus
● Residential properties within a 15 mile radius of Souderton, PA
Completion and clearance of criminal background check, child abuse clearance, drug test and physical.
A valid driver’s license and a clear three year driving record required.
Must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job:
● Cell phone
● Floor cleaner
● Carpet cleaner
● Landscaping equipment (lawn mower, tiller, stump grinder, etc.)
● Snow removal equipment
● Painting tools
● Tools including power tools
● Timekeeping Program
● Various other equipment and supplies
Basic Qualifications :
Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED. Licensed contractor preferred but not required.
Skill(s): Strong carpentry, plumbing, electrical and auto repair skills. Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
Experience: 5 years experience working in the fields of maintenance and basic auto mechanics along with two years management experience. Prior experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a DHS or DOH licensed facility preferred.
Hours: M-F; flexible